Vitamix Food Processor – Read THIS Before Buying One
4 Questions to Ask Yourself before Buying a Vitamix Food Processor
I know that I’ve ranted about just how awesome the Vitamix Food Processor is, but today I want you to sit down and figure out if you really need one before you just follow the craze blindly.
Here are 4 questions you need to ask yourself before you buy a Vitamix
1. Have you considered the difference between a Vitamix and a standard food processor?
The Vitamix doesn’t come cheap, so if you’re pumped to splash that cash, you’d better be sure about how the Vitamix differs to an average blender or food processor. Make sure you’ve done your research (even though I can already vouch for it); you need to be able to justify the price.
2. Are you going to be drinking enough green smoothies to justify its price?
I’m very serious when I say that the “magic blender” isn’t cheap. If you’re a green smoothie junkie, then go ahead and invest, but if you’re only going to use it for the occasional shake, check out other options like the NutriBullet Food Processor.
3. What KIND of Vitamix are you going to opt for?
The thing is Vitamix Food Processors come in a variety of shapes and sizes. There are the classic blenders, personal blenders and the next-generation blenders. You also need to consider whether you’re going to buy it new or refurbished? Questions questions!
4. Are you really ready to buy a “forever” blender?
If you’re at that stage in your life where you can afford to splurge on something durable, I’d say you’re in the right spot to invest in a Vitamix blender. The Vitamix is reliable, durable and comes with a solid warranty, so it’s a great option if you can afford it.
Now that you’ve done some introspection, let me tell you about my Vitamix and what I’d be happy to give it up for…
Vitamix Food Processor vs Cuisinart Food Processor
Yes, I need both my Vitamix Blender and my Cuisinart Food Processor to keep on living a clean-eating life. I use them both, some days just one of them, other days I use them both.
But what if I could only keep ONE?
A lot of newbies to the clean-eating scene have asked me this before. I totally get why not many people have the finances to go ahead and purchase both at the same time, it’s just not realistic for most of you. I bought my Vitamix and got the Cuisinart as a kick-ass gift by the way, so you’re not alone here. I feel you.
But before I answer the question, let me just give you a quick overview on both processors. If you don’t want to read the whole enchilada, just scroll down to the bottom of the page to see my winning blender.
The Vitamix Food Processor – Here’s Why I Love Mine
In the $400+ price range, there are two big name blenders that rule the roost…Vitamix and Blendtec. Both of them are powerful, professional blenders and every owner out there is over the moon that they own either one of them.
I purposely didn’t opt for Blendtec because it has a digital touch screen, which is just not as durable as the analog control dial and the basic on/off switch of the Vitamix. The Vitamix is a true rock star and it’ll pulverize just about anything you throw at it. It’s easy to clean and it works, time after time!
I use my Vitamix Food Processor for:
- Making smoothies – the results are pulp-free, seedless smoothies that don’t come with hunks of fiber with every sip I take. It breaks down greens like nothing else, which is the best way to get all of the nutrients out of the food.
- Making condiments – I love whipping up fresh sauces, dip and dressings with my Vitamix.
- Making homemade Almond Flour and Almond Butter
- Making Soups – making fresh soup is as easy as tossing in a bunch of roasted veggies into my Vitamix and putting it on. The blender sorts out everything from blending the veggies and even heating it up, totally eliminating the need to get things done on the stove top!
- Grinding – I love grinding grains into flour and also whole coffee beans
The Cuisinart Food Processor – Here’s Why I Love Mine
My folks got me the Cuisinart Food Processor as a gift when they realized just how serious I was about clean eating, and I couldn’t have asked for a better gift, because I honestly wouldn’t be able to live without it. I own the 14-cup version, which is a tool I use almost on a daily basis.
It’s definitely a little trickier to clean than my Vitamix Food Processor, I mean the parts have to be taken out and hand-washed, but it’s not the end of my world.
I use my Cuisinart Food Processor for:
- Making homemade energy bars (the Vitamix always sees chunks stuck under the blades)
- Chopping veggies, with the Cuisinart I get much more consistent and reliable results than the Vitamix delivers for veggies and nuts
- Slicing veggies, which the Vitamix definitely can’t do
- Shredding veggies, another thing the Vitamix can’t do
- Making pie and bread dough
And The Winner Is…
If I had to choose just one of these two blenders, it would sadly have to be my Cuisinart. Sure I’d miss my Vitamix, but I could always replace it with something substantially cheaper like the Magic Bullet Nutri Bullet.
Just to sum things up here…
Vitamix Food Processor Pros:
- It’s a high-speed blender
- It’s amazing for making green smoothies
- It has a very powerful motor
- It comes with a solid warranty
Vitamix Food Processor Cons:
- It’s expensive
- It isn’t as much a “food processor” since it only really shines at blending green drinks
Cuisinart Food Processor Pros:
- It’s more affordable than the Vitamix (a lot)
- It’s very versatile
- It’s a high-speed blender
Cuisinart Food Processor Cons:
- It doesn’t come with a warranty as impressive as the Vitamix
- It’s not superb for making smoothies
And that’s it, all you needed to know about the Vitamix Food Processor and much more!
Stay tuned because I’ll be giving you the lowdown on some great blenders next with my Cuisinart Food Processor Reviews before I’ll tell you more about the Ninja Master Prep Professional Blender a little later on.
Vitamix Food Processor Video
- The Best Disposable Razor – How To Stay Looking Sharp In The Workplace - March 11, 2022
- The Ninja Professional NJ600 – Your Ticket To The Best Smoothies Ever! - February 27, 2022
- Oster Reverse Crush Counterforms Blender – Here’s Why Its Magic - February 26, 2022
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!