The Best Oyster Knife Every Oyster Lover Should Have!
TL;DR – Our Pick of the Best Oyster Knives
1) OXO Good Grips Oyster Knife – We love this stainless steel knife because it has a soft grip, which is essential if you’re going to be opening a lot of oysters.
2) Victorinox Oyster Knife 2-3/4-Inch Hooked Tip New Haven Style Blade – The fact that the blade is made from high carbon means it’s a lot more corrosion-resistant compared to stainless steel.
3) Winco Oyster Knife – The Winco Oyster Knife is any beginner’s dream because it has a hand guard that eliminated the risk of injuring yourself in the shucking process.
4) Norpro Grip-EZ Clam and Oyster Knife – If you need something with a low price that still delivers excellent quality, Norpro is the way to go.
5) Wüsthof 4281 Oyster Knife – We all know and love this hugely popular brand, and Wüsthof surely didn’t skimp on quality when they made this oyster knife! Made from high carbon German no stain steel, this oyster knife is durable and reliable.
If you’re new to shucking oysters, you’ll probably enjoy our article on different ways to open them without using the real deal oyster knife. If however, you’re really interested in buying the actual tool for the job, this article will point you straight to the best tools to get the job done properly and with the least amount of effort.
Which is the Best Oyster Knife?
There’s a lot of variety on the market when it comes to oyster knives, which is why we’ve picked our top contenders. They are:
1. OXO Good Grips Oyster Knife
We love this stainless steel knife because it has a soft grip, which is essential if you’re going to be opening a lot of oysters. The blade measures in at about 3 inches, which is just long enough to get the job done, without being too big to handle. This is probably one of the best oyster knives out there, and we’d happily recommend it.
2. Victorinox Oyster Knife 2-3/4-Inch Hooked Tip New Haven Style Blade
Most famous for their Swiss Army Knives, Victorinox is a brand known for super high quality! Their oyster knife has a 2- ¾ high carbon blade that’s hooked, which cuts opening time in half and allows you to scoop out the flesh safely.
The fact that the blade is made from high carbon means it’s a lot more corrosion-resistant compared to stainless steel. The ergonomic shape of the handle fits well into your hand and the fact that it’s curve adds even more comfort while handling the knife.
3. Winco Oyster Knife
The Winco Oyster Knife is any beginner’s dream because it has a hand guard that eliminated the risk of injuring yourself in the shucking process. With a blade length of 3 inches and a thickness of 2.0 mm, this knife is durable and reliable. We also love the wooden handle that lends a classic feel to the appearance.
4. Norpro Grip-EZ Clam and Oyster Knife
If you need something with a low price that still delivers excellent quality, Norpro is the way to go. This knife also has a hand guard like the Winco Oyster Knife, and it also has a belt hook, which makes it great for taking a long on the boat and opening fresh oysters.
The Grip-EZ feature helps keep traction between your hand and the knife, which is great for keeping wet hands from slipping off the knife.
5. Wüsthof 4281 Oyster Knife
We all know and love this hugely popular brand, and Wüsthof surely didn’t skimp on quality when they made this oyster knife! Made from high carbon German no stain steel, this oyster knife is durable and reliable.
It also has a hand guard to keep your hand from slipping while opening oysters. This is kind of like the Grande Dame of Oyster Knives, and you’ll probably see it in the price tag, but it’s still an amazing tool!
And if you want to check out some other amazing Wüsthof products
And the winner is…
Although all of these Oyster Knives are great, we picked the Victorinox Oyster Knife as our overall winner of The Best Oyster Knife. The superb comfort of use, and the fact that it’s not going to break the bank to invest in one, makes this one of the best on the market today.
Oyster Knife Gloves
Wearing the right gloves while shucking oysters is very important because it eliminates the risk of injury not only from using a sharp knife, but also from cutting your hand on oyster shells, which is why we recommend any of the following:
G & F Cut Resistant Kevlar Gloves
With 100% Kevlar Fiber shells, you can pick up these gloves for around $10
Epica Cut Resistant Gloves
You can pick up these lightweight and durable cut-resistant gloves for around $11
San Jamar 1000 Oyster Shucking Glove
These latex gloves give you excellent gripping ability in wet and dry conditions and have a cotton lining for added comfort. You can pick up a pair for around $10
And then there are Oyster Knife Sets…
Oyster knife sets eliminate the need for buying separate knives and gloves, and come with a handy holder for the oysters (so they don’t slip around) as well as a great oyster opening tool. We picked three of our favorites:
Trudeau Oyster Knife Set
This set comes with a knife and a clamp style holder. The knife has a hand guard and is made from patented beveled stainless steel.
Oggi 5035 9 Piece Oyster Set
With a stainless-steel oyster knife, a wood shucking block, 6 stainless-steel forks and a lemon squeezer, this is your oyster opening and eating partner all in one!
Zyliss Oyster Knife Set
We love this clamp style holder and oyster knife set because it helps you get the job done easily and in style too!
Video for The Best Oyster Knives
- Warthog Knife Sharpener Review: The Brand You Should Know! - March 20, 2022
- How To Use A Knife Sharpener Tool Like A Top Chef? - March 19, 2022
- How To Use Electric Knife Sharpener Like A Top Chef? - March 17, 2022
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!