Kitchen Knife Holders – The Best Selection For You
All you need to know and more in order to get your knives organized for good
How do you like to store your knives?
I always thought that packing them away in a drawer or a block was the best and only ways, but luckily there ARE more than just those ways to keep your kitchen knives organized.
I’m talking about quality kitchen knife holders, and if you’re looking for a solution for all your knives, I’ve got 10 great ways of getting that done.
Before we dive into this though:
There are some basic terms that you should get familiar with (or freshen up on) regarding knife storage. Here are your 5 main categories of knife storage solutions:
- Magnetic Wall Racks
These simple magnetic strips are mounted on your kitchen wall and help keep your knives out (so you can see them) within easy reach.
- Countertop Knife Blocks
This is one of the more commonly used storage systems for knives and it’s a great way to keep your knives safe yet still within arms reach. Countertop blocks however do call for space in your kitchen
- Wall Mounted Knife Block
These storage systems are great for those of you who want to keep kitchen knives within reach but aren’t too keen on magnetic knife strips.
- Under-Cabinet Knife Blocks
Not a lot of us actually have space for these storage blocks in our kitchens, but they do nonetheless provide you with a great of safely storing your knives, as long as there are no small people around!
- Drawer Trays
Drawer trays are old school, but they’re still being used because it’s just so practical.
That being said, have you noticed what I didn’t mention?
Loose knives in a drawer! It’s one of the fastest and easiest ways to ruin your blades, and possibly your hands too!
What are the best knife holders for the kitchen?
Ahh…time to get to the fun part. Let me show you what I’m talking about…
The Best Kitchen Knife Holders
I’ve rounded up the best of the bunch so that you have less to worry about. I tried and tested the lot of them and now it’s time for you to see how they ranked.
Here are my top picks for the best kitchen knife holders in no particular order:
Best Magnetic Wall Knife Holder – Messermeister Bamboo Knife Magnet
I love this sleek looking strip that offers a lot of room for knives and a pair of kitchen shears. Installing it was a little tricky, but once it was up it worked like a pro! I loved the functionality and keeping it clean couldn’t be easier. The bamboo surface really looks the part and as a bonus was super easy on my blades.
- My knives stayed put exactly where I placed them, every time
- The neodymium magnets are really strong
- It looks great on the wall
- Installation is a little bit of a pain
Best Countertop Knife Block – Zelancio Universal Wood Knife Holder
The Zelancio Knife Holder solves the issue of running out of slots you’d find in a typical knife block, so it’s a total game changer. The block has an open space rather than slots that allows you to store as many knives in there as you’d like, with the only consideration being the blade lengths. What I really loved though was the super sleek and stylish black wood finish!
- It’s universal, so it’s great for all blade materials
- It is filled with food-grade rubber brush that secures your knives
- The rubber is removable and machine washable
- The bristles are not as dense as I would have like them to be, so there’s a lot of wiggle room inside
- I would have loved to see it available in bigger sizes
Best Wall-Mounted Knife Block – Galaxy Star Products Stainless Steel Knife Rack
I’m not particularly fond of wall-mounted knife holders but I must admit that this is an exception to my rule. I like the fact that this rack is easy to mount and is big enough to store 10 knives at a time. The stainless steel finish is a timeless hit that will look sleek in any kitchen.
- It’s roomy, measuring in at 2 1/2 inches deep, 12 inches wide and 12 3/4 inches high
- It has 10 slots
- Installation is relatively easy and very straight forward
- Stainless steel is prone to denting and scratching, which will look nasty after a while
Best Under-Cabinet Knife Block – Wusthof Under-Cabinet Swinger Knife Storage Block
Like all things Wusthof, this block looks great and serves a great purpose. This block is ideal to keep your counter surfaces clear and the fact that it swings in and out from under your cabinet with the touch of a finger means it’s effortless to use. It’s not the largest knife holder out there, but the 10 1/4 inch Beachwood block is very handy and sophisticated.
- It’s easy to use
- It safely stores your knives under your counter
- Installation is fool-proof with a 3 screw system
- It will only hold 8 knives and a steel
Best Drawer Tray Knife Storage System – Rev-A-Shelf Wood Knife Block Insert
I really like this unique knife block tray insert with its 19 slots to store all your knives. It also boasts a separate little compartment where you can store other kitchen utensils. Installing this sleek knife holder couldn’t be easier; just drop it in the drawer and you’re ready to go!
- This drawer tray can easily be trimmed to exact size using a table saw
- It’s sturdy and does the job damn well
- It looks sleek and keeps your knives perfectly organized
- I really wish the slots were a little deeper
That’s it! 5 of the best kitchen knife holder systems out there! I hope that this has been helpful and that you’re well on your way to finding the best organizational tool for your knives.
Make sure to check back in with me soon to see what I have to say about the best Santoku knife and how your sushi making days can permanently be altered by its presence in your life!
Video for Kitchen Knife Holders – The Best Selection For You
- The Best Shaving Cream For Women - March 14, 2022
- Cuisinart Cutlery Knives Review - March 13, 2022
- The Chicago Cutlery Boning Knife – Solid, Reliable And Time-Tested - March 13, 2022
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!