Last Updated on
Learn all about how these switchblade knives can come to your culinary aid
Here’s the scenario:
You get invited over to a dear friend’s house, and you KNOW that since you’ve got some crazy flair in the kitchen, you’ll probably end up helping to prep the dinner. The problem is, you also know your friend doesn’t really own any decent knives that you can work with and tagging along with your own set of knives would leave your friend utterly embarrassed to say the least.
So what do you do?
The answer is quite simple actually: you secretly sneak in your Buck Automatic Knife as a surefire backup plan that won’t let you down!
I’ve talked about the top pocket knife brands before, and you might remember that I ranted about just how handy they can be in the kitchen. Buck Automatic Knives were not part of my discussion back then, because in all honesty, they are in a league of their own.
What use does a pocket knife have for a cook?
Pocket knives have sadly kind of fallen out of fashion to say the least, but the worst part is that there are still so many home cooks that just don’t what an amazing culinary tool the humble pocket knife can be. The Buck Automatic Pocket Knives will always be by your side, ready to help you whip up something delicious under any given circumstances, plus they’re always handy for pesky opening tasks.
I personally own a switchblade from Buck, and I wouldn’t trade it for the world. It has helped me with everything and anything from opening up oysters (yes the oyster knife is one of my new additions), prying open nuts, slicing up fruits, opening up wrapping and containers and even cutting through a piece of cardboard. It’s been to the edge and back, and it has never let me down.
More about Buck Knives:
Something that I really love from this knife manufacturer is the fact that all their knives come with the ever-so-impressive Forever Warranty. This means that in the unlikely event that something ever goes wrong with your knife, they’ll repair it for you at no costs, and all you have to do is register your knife once you’ve purchased it.
They’ve also been around since what seems to be the dawning of time, so it goes without saying that the guys over at Buck really know what they’re doing, and best of all, they know what the market wants and needs, and they never fail to deliver.
On that note, I’d like to introduce you to the best Buck Automatic knives. I assure you, the quality and performance WILL impress you, and by the end of this, you should be itching to get yourself a hard working switchblade from Buck to help you out when you need it most.
List of the Best Buck Automatic Knives
Boasting ASAP Technology®, this assisted opening knife from Buck is as the name implies super quick when it comes to opening up and getting ready for a cutting task. The dual springs help make the blade release process simple and safe at the same time. I love the contemporary design with the very reliable 420HC steel blade that just seals the deal for me.
- One hand deployment
- Comes with a mid-lock design and a rotating blade safety for locking strength in either the open or closed blade position.
- The strong, thick tip is perfect for heavier cutting tasks
- I’m a little concerned about the safety lock button that feels like it’s not really as “safe” as they say it is, which might lead to deployment when I don’t want or need it
If you need something affordable, quick and easy to use, the Rush is your answer. The Rush also comes with ASAP Technology® and has a stylish skeleton frame handle.
- The blade opens up rapidly with just the press of your thumb after disengaging the safety
- It comes with a pocket clip for easy carrying
- I love the “medium” size of the Rush. It’s not too big or too small, just right
- Reassembling this knife after you took it apart for cleaning is a nightmare!
This is Buck’s very safe, convenient and super reliable pocket knife. It comes with one-hand SafeSpin™ deployment. For the sake of convenience, the Redpoint also comes with an oversized Utility Arch™ and a handy belt clip for easy carrying. This has to be my very favorite folding knife from Buck suitable for everyday use.
- I love the easy deployment feature that doesn’t need my hand touching the blade to open it up
- Comes with a very handy all weather grip, which is especially useful in the sometimes messy kitchen environment
- The blade has a serrated edge, which gives you more cutting power for tougher items
- Although this is NOT a spring assisted knife, I still consider it an automatic because it opens up with the push of a button without any issue
And that about wraps it up for me. These are the top three assisted opening Buck knives, and I would happily recommend all of them for use both in the kitchen and obviously for emergency scenarios.
Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for my thoughts on the best knife sharpening methods, where I’ll be discussing how you can become a master of keeping your blades in tip-top shape.
Video For Buck Automatic Knives
Cooking and beauty are my passion. I love shopping for kitchen goods because using the right tools can really change the way you cook!
How you feel when you cook can really appear in the dishes you cook.