The Best Cuisinart Stainless Steel Knife Set
An unbiased review of the Cuisinart Stainless Steel Knife Set
Here’s the deal:
A couple of weeks ago I got to try out the Cuisinart Stainless Steel Knife Set, and I have to say that I was really impressed with the overall performance.
I mean for a deal that I see as very barely budget (they cost around $80), the set actually comprised of all the basic kitchen tools an average home cook could need to make meal prep that much better and simpler.
The set itself is a looker of note and it boasts knives that will help you master precision and accuracy. The block itself looks great and the sleek black finish is set to blend into any kitchen.
Review of the Cuisinart 15 Piece Stainless Steel Hollow Handle Knife Block Set
I’d score this set a solid 6 out of 10. It’s not the very best quality on the market, but then again you get what you pay for. This is a very comprehensive budget knife block set from Cuisinart that is sure to get you through a good few years of pleasurable cooking adventures, given that you take proper care of them.
The 15 piece knife set includes:
- 8 inch Chef’s Knife
- 8 inch Slicing Knife
- 7 inch Santoku
- 5 inch Serrated Utility Knife
- 5 inch Paring Knife
- 5 inch Bird’s Beak Paring Knife
- 8 inch Sharpening Steel
- 6 Steak Knives
- A pair of Household Shears
- A block to keep them all stored safely
High Carbon Stainless Steel Blades
The knives in this set all boast high carbon stainless steel blades that allow for more precise and accurate cutting time and time again.
They’ll get just about any cutting task done thanks to the wide variety of knives included in the set, and if the edges start to dull out, it’s very easy to just hone them at home or use a sharpening stone to get them on-point again.
The knives in the 15 Piece Stainless Steel Hollow Handle Block Set boast handles made from polymer, which is a “high quality” plastic material, but I’m NOT a fan. They’re supposedly heat resistant and the studded and contoured design of the handles should offer you a more comfortable and safer grip but I beg to differ.
While the grip is firm and pretty secure, add in a splash of blood or juice and your hands are slipping all over the place. The plastic handles also aren’t durable and will crack and break much faster than stainless steel would.
From The Manufacturer:
Cuisinart claims that their stainless steel knives will not rust or stain and the knives will stay in a great condition for what seems to be forever. I call BS here. Cuisinart Stainless Steel Knife Set knives are well known for being prone to rust and stains, so I really wouldn’t take the manufacturer’s word on this one.
- The high carbon stainless steel blades seem pretty durable and reliable
- The set is very comprehensive and provides you with all the basic tools you need for cooking up a storm at home
- It’s very affordable
- The set comes with a limited lifetime warranty
- It has a sleek finish
- The knives arrived with pretty sharp edges straight out of the box
- Contrary to what the manufacturer says, a lot of customers have been complaining about rust and stain damage to their blades. This being said, these knives ARE NOT dishwasher safe and should be hand washed and dried immediately after washing to prevent rust and stains.
- The stamped steak knives are crap to say the least
- If you’ve got big hands, these knives are NOT for you because they’re a little on the small side
- The knives dull out way too quickly, making me second guess their value a bit
As a whole, this Cuisinart Stainless Steel Knife Set offers the budget-conscious home cook a great variety of easy to use knives, but don’t mistake them for packing the power punch of the likes of Wusthof or Shun. They’re essentially the best cheap knife set from Cuisinart and as a matter of fact, one of the best cheap knife block sets on the market today.
I just wouldn’t want this block set in my kitchen and have to rely on it for more than a week thank you!
Coming up next I’ll show you a Cuisinart Cutlery Knives Review where I’ll give you an in-depth look at their Chef’s, Santoku and Paring Knives. After that I’ll be covering the “buzzword” I like to call Chicago Cutlery with an in-depth look at the Chicago Cutlery 14-Piece Knife Set for example.
Video for The Best Cuisinart Stainless Steel Knife Set
- The Best Shaving Cream For Women - March 14, 2022
- Cuisinart Cutlery Knives Review - March 13, 2022
- The Chicago Cutlery Boning Knife – Solid, Reliable And Time-Tested - March 13, 2022
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!