Revealed: the top performers from the Cuisinart Cutlery Set lineup
I’m going with a hunch here and I’m assuming that you headed here if you didn’t find what you were looking for in my post about the best Cuisinart Knife Block Set.
OR you might just be checking out the scenery to see if the buzz is worth a shot of trying a great Cuisinart knife.
For whatever reason you’re here, I promise I’ll give you what you came for.
Let’s say that you don’t want to invest in an entire knife block set right now. What Cuisinart cutlery set do you opt for?
In the hope of helping you out, I’ve rounded up the best of the bunch so that the field of play is narrowed down for you.
Cuisinart Cutlery Set Reviews
Cuisinart 12-Piece Printed Color Knife Set with Blade Guards
If you love all things bright and bold, this set will definitely get you up to the edge of your screen. The 12 piece set includes an 8 inch chef’s knife, an 8 inch slicing knife, an 8 inch bread knife, a 7 inch Santoku, a 6.5 inch utility knife, a 3.5 inch paring knife and matching blade guards for each knife. Tagged at an almost ridiculously cheap price, this set of knives from Cuisinart boasts high quality stainless steel blades, non-stick colored coatings and a great lifetime warranty. I don’t see what’s not to love, even with its downfalls en-tow.
- It’s very affordable
- The knives have pretty sharp edges
- The knives come with blade guards to keep them safe for drawer storage
- The plastic handles totally let the knives down and make them feel as cheap as their price tag
- These knives are NOT safe for dishwasher usage
Cuisinart Classic Triple Riveted 3-Piece Knife Set
Boasting an 8 inch Chef’s knife, a 5.5 inch Utility knife and a 3.5 inch Paring knife, the classic Triple Riveted set from Cuisinart is pretty much all you need for starting a new cooking adventure. I really appreciated the superior high-carbon stainless steel blades with their precision tapered ground blades that narrow gradually to an extreme sharp and fine edge. The extra-wide safety bolsters make these knives very well balanced and gives you total control of the cutting action plus the stainless steel rivets secure the full-tang blade to the ergonomic handle.
- These are full tang knives
- The blades offer precision and accuracy thanks to the high carbon stainless steel
- It’s an affordable set
- I’m not a massive fan of the handles on these knives, they just feel odd in my hand
Cuisinart 6 Piece Ceramic Steak Knife Set BL
From Cuisinart’s Advantage line, these ceramic steak knives are not the typical crappy quality steak knives that come as a “bonus” in some knife sets. They’re made from high quality stainless steel and have stain-resistant ceramic coating for increased performance cutting.
- These are great quality steak knives
- The serrations are pretty great
- They’re durable and very solidly manufactured
- A lot of people wrongly think these are pure ceramic blades (since that’s what the name implies) but in fact they’re stainless steel blades with ceramic COATINGS, so Cuisinart had a lot of folks up in arms about the misleading name for this set of steak knives
Cuisinart Element 2 Piece Open Stock Ceramic Knife Set
The Element 2 Piece set from Cuisinart is actually, just like the name implies, a set of 2 ceramic kitchen knives. The knives included in the set are a 5 inch Santoku and a 3.5 inch Paring knife. While ceramic is stronger, sharper and have more durable edges than traditional steel or carbon steel, I’m not the biggest fan because if they fall they’re as good as in the trash can. I did like the ergonomic handles that really do provide a lot of comfort when you’re working and they give you a little bit more strength at hand.
- I was very impressed by the super sharp edges
- Ceramic knives are better at edge retention
- They come with a great manufacturer’s warranty
- These knives can and will chip, crack or break at the slightest bump or drop
Cuisinart Advantage 12 Piece Knife Set
Attention all you style conscious foodies – this set is worth a second glance! The Advantage 12 Piece Set from Cuisinart looks very attractive with its bright ad bold colors, but it’s not just about the looks here. The blades on the knives are made with high quality stainless steel and sport non-stick colored coatings as well as matching blade covers to keep the blades safe and secure while they’re not in use.
- They look fancy and are seriously sharp
- The multi-colored set decreases the risk for cross-contaminating foods
- Their handles are ergonomic ad provide a steady and secure grip
- The nice color coating scratches off without a second thought
That’s about the 5 best Cuisinart Cutlery Set options out there, and they cater to just about everyone’s budget. If you haven’t got yourself a pair or two yet, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t after reading this.
Coming up next I’ll give you an insider’s look into a great Cuisinart Stainless Steel Ceramic Knife Set before I’ll do a proper smack down of the best of the bunch with my Cuisinart Cutlery Knives Review.