Read this BEFORE you invest in a personalized hunting knife!
I have a confession to make:
I don’t like personalized hunting knives as gifts from someone who doesn’t know me on a personal level.
Do you feel me?
Recently I got an email from a lady called Jane. (Jane, if you’re reading this I hope I’m helping out.) She wanted to know what her options were when it came to getting her hubby a personalized hunting knife for his birthday.
Actually, that’s a really tough question because the real thing behind engraved hunting knives is that you have to be sure about what to get etched into that blade or handle, otherwise I promise you it’ll end up in the back of a closet somewhere.
So here’s my answer:
Go ahead and invest in one of the best brand-name hunting knives that you can afford. I’m talking names like Chris Reeve, Emerson and Strider here. THEN go out and find a high-quality engraver that knows his way around the job and pay a decent amount of money for the service. I mean you DO want top quality right?
In the hope of being a helpful friend here, I’m going to show you some of the best hunting knives for engraving. These knives have high quality constructions and designs and are totally customizable knives, so they should fit the bill perfectly.
The Best Personalized Hunting Knife For You
Representing the very best in law enforcement, military and tactical tools, Emerson Knives is a name that brings serious value to the table. All of their lines excel in performance and design aesthetics combined with straightforward and precision engineering with high-quality components. This means Emerson Knives boasts blades respected and loved by even the most demanding of knife users.
I love the Emerson CQC-7BW BTS Tanto Knife with its wave shaped features. This 8 inch knife boasts a black G10 epoxy/glass laminate handle and a lock made with aerospace grade titanium. The 3.3 inch 154CM stainless steel blade is super durable and has a razor sharp edge that seems to last and last.
- The blade material is superb and ensures a durable and reliable sharp knife is what you’ll always have by your side
- The weight is perfect
- The lock is secure and is easy to open and close
- The handle doesn’t feel great in my hand, especially after prolonged cutting tasks
- The knife opens a little too easily to my liking
Benchmade is well known for producing great knives that sport innovative designs and the latest modern materials. The company has come a long way since their humble beginnings back in 1988 to become one of the most reputable and renowned knife manufacturers out there.
One of my favorite picks from the brand is the Benchmade 531 Axis.
It’s a perfect EDC and with the inclusion of the G10 handle, it’s a massive step up from the older version that featured a Zytel handle. It looks feels and functions great! The design is the same style as the Mel Pardue 350, I mean it still has the spear point blade and coffin style handle design, but for added performance and function, the addition of the AXIS handle saves the day. The overall slimmer design mean the 531 Axis has a low profile, to drag, carry and is super lightweight.
- The AXIS lock really performs
- The blade is extremely sharp
- The handle material is great and gives you a solid grip
- The feel of the handle isn’t going to please every one of you
Perkin Knives is well known as a solid custom knife manufacturer. From bush craft knives to Bowie knives, hunting & camping knives to hatchets and axes, all of their products are specially designed for outdoor applications. The knife I love most from them is the Perkin Knives Custom Damascus Handmade Hunting Knife.
It boasts genuine Damascus steel, so it’s one of the sharpest tools in the shed! The blade is crafted from 200 layers of 1095 and 15N25 Damascus steel, so it’s perfectly solid for heavy usage tasks. The burl wood handle with mosaic pins looks great but also offers you a secure grip. It’s versatile. It’s functional and it goes over and above at meeting the needs of a true outdoorsman.
- The blade is razor sharp and will keep its edge for a long time
- It’s a rugged knife that can really take a beating
- The design is really amazing and it just looks like a showpiece
- Damascus steel is prone to rust and corrosion
- The handle is a little big and you might need to touch up the edge straight out of the box
So I was actually a little skeptical about the name (as I’m guessing you are too). Knife King has been around for a mere 30 years, and since they also stock kitchen knives and gadgets, I didn’t really think it’s a solid hunting knife brand. Luckily I was wrong about my hunch, which is why I’m recommending the brand today.
The knife in question from this name is the Knife King Emperor Custom Damascus Handmade Hunting Knife. This fixed hunting knife is seriously durable (albeit the Damascus could be a rusty issue). I really appreciated the edge retention abilities that the blade carries and its one kick-ass strong knife! The price is what makes this knife pop; at around $60 a pop, it’s definitely a steal for the quality you’ll get!
- The blade is seriously sharp
- It’s made from quality materials
- The price is super affordable
- Damascus steel is prone to rust and corrosion
- The handle is a little awkward to get used to
I’ve shown you 4 great knife brands that produce hunting knives suitable for engraving. All of these knives bring quality, durability and reliability to the table, plus they look wicked with a little personal touch added on. This should give you what you need to create a seriously cool Personalized Hunting Knife.
If you’re still looking for alternatives, make sure you don’t miss out on The Best Gifts for Hunters where I’ll be sharing even more ideas with you.
Video for Personalized Hunting Knife
- Read This Smith And Wesson Knife Sharpener Review If You Are A Smith And Wesson Fan - March 10, 2022
- All About BlizeTec Survival Fixed Blade Knife - March 8, 2022
- The Best Gifts For Hunters – Updated And Crammed Full Of Great Ideas - March 7, 2022