Whether you want to give them as gifts, or would love to be the receiver, we’ve got the lowdown on the best quality kitchen knives out there!
By now you know, I’m a foodie at heart! I love giving and getting gifts that can be used in and around the kitchen. Since it’s my latest obsession, I’ve decided to share a little detail with you about what the best quality kitchen knives are to give as a gift, and for my friends reading this, what ones I would love for my upcoming birthday 😉
First things first:
Some might say that giving a knife as a gift is considered bad luck. But honestly, I beg to differ!
A GOOD knife is always a GOOD idea because it has so many practical uses.
For all goals and purposes (and in honor of respecting all traditions out there) ALWAYS use this as a word of warning: a lot of cultures believe that giving the gift of a knife will “cut” a friendship. In order to maintain the friendship, the giver should give the knife with a penny attached to it (or inside the box), which the receiver always returns promptly to the giver in order “pay” the giver and to avoid damaging the relationship.
Here’s something awesome:
Certain knife manufacturing companies like Parker River Knife and Masakage sell their knives with a penny taped to the inside of every knife box!
You might remember my article regarding what it takes to become a kitchen professional in your own home where I mentioned the fact that the two most basic knives you need is the Chef’s knife and the Paring knife.
I also told you all about the different types of cooking knives so you’ll know what I’m talking about when I get to the juice of this article.
By now you also know that sharp pointy metal things are not to be taken lightly, so I’ll get straight to the serious part of things. From experience I’ve seen what knives work and which ones just don’t make the cut. I’ve rounded up the best of the bunch to help you narrow things down a little, and give you a clear outline of what your thoughts should lean towards.
The Best Quality Kitchen Knives – to give or to receive
Here is the list of some best quality kitchen knives that you can gift or buy for your kitchen:
1. Global 3-Piece Knife Set – The Value Deal!
Not only do I love the look of these knives, I actually love how they perform as well. They come with super sharp blades and give you all the versatility you’ll need as an advancing kitchen pro.
They might look heavy, but the knives in this set are actually really lightweight.
- It’s a 3 for the price of one deal that includes a Chef’s Knife, a Santoku Knife and a Paring Knife.
- The CROMOVA 18 Stainless Steel used for manufacturing is high quality
- The price is really affordable considering the fact that you’ll get 3 great knives
- Some customers have reported that these knives are a little heavier on maintenance, but in my opinion, keeping your knife in tip-top shape should be priority number one
2. Kuhn Rikon Colori+ 4 Inch Paring Knife – The Budget Set!
They’re catchy and colorful, and they work. Grab a set of these paring knives and get 2 for the price of one! The carbon stainless steel blade is covered with a bright non-stick coating, and the serrated edges cut effortlessly through food.
- These knives are Swiss-designed yet still fun and very functional
- I love the soft ergonomic grip
- The knives come with colored sheaths to help keep the blade sharp and prevent accidents
- The plastic handle might be a little small, leaving the owner wishing for some more heft
3. Gordon Ramsay Royal Doulton 14 Piece Knife Block Set – The Celebrity Brand!
We all love to hate him, which is why having a knife set from celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay ensures you’ll get serious quality. This set is a great all-rounder for the adventurous home cook and includes a paring knife, a utility knife, a bread knife, a carving knife, a chef’s knife, sharpening steel, 6 steak knives and the aesthetically appealing knife block.
- The knives are all dishwasher safe
- The European stainless steel used for manufacturing ensures great quality and durability
- The knives retain their edges brilliantly
- Expect to pay a little (or a lot) more for the name and great quality…
4. TojiroSenkou 7 Inch Santoku Knife – The Stunner Santoku!
If you don’t know what this knife looks like or is capable of, please grab a chair. I love the visual appeal and the super sharpness of this 7 inch Hallow Edge Santoku Knife!
This Japanese knife is made of up to 62 layers of folded steel around a blade core which contributes to the fact that it’s so strong and seriously sharp!
All TojiroSenkou knives are rust, stain and pitting resistant and come with molded handles for ease and comfort of use.
- One word – Damascus – that alone tells you that the steel of the blade will never let you down and stay as sharp as possible for as long as possible
- The full tang and smooth bolster design ensure you’ll enjoy optimal usage comfort, balance and precise handling
- The handle was cleverly designed for either left-or-right hand use with the utmost of ease
- Have you got the cash to splurge? Because this knife is NOT cheap
5. Wusthof Gourmet 7 Piece Starter Knife Block Set – The Trusted Brand Knives Set!
Wusthof to me is synonymous with quality and superior performance, which is why a set of Wusthof knives is the perfect gift for your foodie friend (or yourself for that matter).
These laser-cut stamped knives are made with high-carbon stain-free steel to ensure maximum performance and reliability.
This set includes a paring knife, a smooth utility knife, a serrated utility knife, a chef’s knife, sharpening steel, kitchen shears and the wooden block.
- The knives come with a lifetime guarantee
- These are the best quality kitchen knives that combine great quality and affordability
- It’s a great alternative if you don’t have the cash to splurge on the real-deal forged knives from Wusthof and still gives you all the basic knives needed in a kitchen.
- Don’t expect the same feel as the forged knives from Wusthof, these are stamped knives, yet still top of the line
- I found the knife block to be a little bulky, so people who are short on space in the kitchen might have an issue with this.
That’s it from my side. I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this and that you’re a little clearer regarding what knives to opt for when you’re out shopping for gifts.
Stay sharp friends. I’ll be back soon, this time with a bucket load full of info on the best cheese knives!
Video for The Best Quality Kitchen Knives:
Cooking and beauty are my passion. I love shopping for kitchen goods because using the right tools can really change the way you cook!
How you feel when you cook can really appear in the dishes you cook.