Last Updated on
Your definite guide for fining the most impressive cutlery knives out there
I have a confession to make:
Back when I just started getting the hang of things in the kitchen, I started envisioning great dinner parties I would host where my friends would all indulge on the delectable cuisine I had whipped up. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that my first night as dinner host would leave me a little red-cheeked to say the least.
My guests had all arrived and sure enough, they were enjoying the food, but what they didn’t really enjoy was the outdated cutlery I had given them to eat with. That was when I realized that becoming a professional in the kitchen was about much more than just knife skills and the best cooking knives as my weapons, I actually needed to get up to speed with knives and forks my guests could use to feast with.
Luckily it didn’t take me too long to find just the right set, so now, armed with my personal experience and the insight I gained, I’d like to share my advice with you, so that you might never have to face such a humiliating ordeal.
How to Search Best Cutlery Knives?
Essentially, in searching best cutlery knives for your kitchen your first step of action should be to decide whether you want to go with silver or stainless steel cutlery.
Personally, I prefer stainless steel because it’s just that much more durable and lower on maintenance than silverware. Oh…and silver is also super expensive, and since you should be more focused on splurging on the tools you use to prep the food, I’d suggest you stick with stainless steel, unless off course you don’t care about the price.
Don’t get carried away. I know this sounds silly, but you really don’t need the cutlery, ladle, soup spoons and what have you just to host the average dinner party. Stick to the initial idea and buy JUST the cutlery.
Make sure you take good care of your cutlery. I know this isn’t what you want to hear, but your dishwasher isn’t doing your flatware any good. If you absolutely have to use the dishwasher (and don’t have time for washing cutlery by hand) don’t mix silver and stainless steel cutlery up in the dishwasher.
Okay great, so now you’ve got your three step plan. As far as the brand of flatware you need to invest in, I’m really not going to bother with telling you what you can and cannot do. The choice is up to you. What I will do is show you some pretty awesome knife sets that come with the top range cutlery knives that can easily be paired with matching flatware you can buy either online or from a specialty store of your liking.
The Best Cutlery Knives Sets
Chicago Cutlery 19 Piece Knife Block Set (The Average Set – 3 out of 5 stars)
If you need a good set that comes with durable stainless steel cutlery knives and more than enough kitchen tools, the Chicago 19 Piece set is definitely worth considering. It offers you serious value for your money and has been rated as one of the most popular flatware brands too, by the way. Your guests will appreciate the visually appealing satin finish on these knives
- The knives are forged with high-carbon stainless steel and have stainless steel handles
- The knife set comes with a lifetime warranty against defects
- For the considerably affordable price tag you get a peeler, a paring knife, a boning knife, a utility knife, a serrated bread knife, a Santoku knife, a Chef’s knife, 8 steak knives, a block with a built-in sharpener and a pristine wood cutting board.
- I would have loved if the knives (especially the steak knives) were able to retain their edge a little longer
- Since the steel used for manufacturing isn’t the best out there, you’re going to have to take extra care with how you maintain and store the knives if you want to avoid rust and discoloration.
Oster Baldwyn 22 Piece Cutlery Set (The Variety Set – 3 out of 5 stars)
If you need a set that’s a little more focused on cutlery per say, the Oster Baldwyn Set piece set is right up your alley. You’ll get excellent value for your money with this set thanks to the durable stainless steel construction and the polyoxymethyleme handles on the pieces.
I have to say that I mainly love this set for its great looks, which is something you wouldn’t mind showing off to your guests! For an average price, you get a pretty impressive cutlery set!
- The set comes with a Santoku knife, 8 and 10 inch chef’s knives, a carving fork, a cleaver, a bird’s beak paring knife, a utility knife, a paring knife, 8 steak knives, a pair of scissors, sharpening steel, a rubber wood block and a boning knife.
- I was very surprised that the set comes with so many different tools for a price that seems almost unreal.
- Visually, I have to say that this set just does something for me, it actually looks very sleek and sophisticated.
- This set comes with a limited warranty, which kind of makes me think there might be something left wanting in the quality department.
- Since these knives are stamped, they’re not going to be as durable as the forged set from Chicago Cutlery.
- I’m having a hard time coping with the hollow handles that will literally suck up water like nobody’s business if you accidentally submerge them in water.
Henckels International Forged Premio 18 Piece Block Set (The Trusted Brand – 4 out of 5 stars)
Firstly, it’s important to take note of the price of the Henckels Block Set…you see the fact that it retails at almost twice the price of the other sets I just mentioned tells you 1) you’re getting the best value and 2) you’re buying something that might actually live up to be all you ever dreamed it could.
While I’m not going to be unrealistic here, there is a very real possible of the aforementioned point actually happening thanks to the superior quality knives that Henckels puts out! If you can afford to spend a little more, I’d definitely recommend this set without a doubt.
- Comes with a paring knife, a serrated utility knife, a flat utility knife, a hollow edge Santoku, a chef’s knife, sharpening steel, a bread knife, a boning knife, kitchen shears and 8 stamped steak knives all wrapped up in a beautiful wooden knife block.
- I love the luxurious look of the satin-finish on the stainless steel blades.
- Offers you some of the best (if not ultimate) quality for home cooking purposes. I love how they need just enough care that absolutely makes it worth their weight, balance and precision.
- The kitchen knives are forged, but not the steak knives, so just keep that in mind.
- The price might be a bit rough for some of you, but considering the massive amount of quality tools you get, I would not pass by the opportunity to invest here. The quality goes beyond what I initially thought possible!
Wusthof Classic 16 Piece Cherry Knife Block Set (The Victor – 5 out of 5 stars)
You might have picked up on the fact that I have a thing for Wusthof knives, and that’s simply because they slice and dice like nothing else and just have a way of always surprising me with their amazing edge retention capabilities.
This is by far the MOST expensive set I’ve listed here, but in my honest opinion, it’s worth every single cent spent! If you’ve already got a few Wusthof knives, I see no reason why you shouldn’t extend the family.
- The set comes with a paring knife, a 4.5 and 6 inch utility knife, a serrated utility knife, a bread knife, a chef’s knife, a Hollow Edge Wunder Knife, sharpening steel, 6 steak knives, kitchen shears and a 17 slot knife block.
- As is standard with Wusthof knives, this set comes with a lifetime warranty
- Its crazy expensive, but for the price you get the latest PEtec technology that ensures edges stay sharp for 20% longer than normal and the assurance that your knives will never let you or your guests down.
And that’s it in a nutshell. Like I said before, the best cutlery knives are the ones that will visually appeal to your guests and essentially, help them cut through the delicious meal you prepared for them. All of the knife sets that I’ve mentioned here boast some of the best cutlery knives out there, so it’s definitely worth the investment with all of them.
Make sure to check back in to see the scoop that I’ve got on Victorinox Butcher Knives and tell you all about why you’ll want to own one!
Video for The Best Cutlery Knives:
Cooking and beauty are my passion. I love shopping for kitchen goods because using the right tools can really change the way you cook!
How you feel when you cook can really appear in the dishes you cook.