5 Of The Best Engraved Hunting Knives: Revealed
Extending your list of options for personalized hunting gifts with the best engraved hunting knives? Read this now!
Okay so I’ve already talked about how personalized hunting gifts are golden, and the options are virtually endless.
But you want to know what one of the best personal gifts for hunters is?
A wicked engraved hunting knife!
Personalized hunting knives are always great to consider for gifting options, but with hundreds of makes, models and application specific knives out there, how do you know which one is best to pick for engraving purposes?
Well, luckily you have me. Your friendly neighborhood hunter/gift idea sharer!
This is important:
Nothing actually beats a personal touch to a quality pocket knife, which is why engraved hunting knives are what I’m suggesting if you’re taking this route.
Technology has come a long way and you can have just about any logo added to the knife blade or handle. There are a lot of vendors that specialize in engraving hunting knives and luckily the price is something that most of us (average folks) can afford, albeit the knife itself might cost you a pretty penny depending on what you opt for.
Where to Buy Engraved Hunting Knives?
In my opinion, there are 3 standard, solid and very reliable names from where you can purchase engraved hunting knives.
Buck Knives and SOG Knives have some of the best customization options out there.
I hear that Kershaw also offers some great laser engraving options on most of their knives.
The Best Knives for Personalizing
While just about any old knife out there can be engraved in one way or another, there are a handful of select models that just sit better with the idea.
A word of warning:
Be sure you thoroughly check out any vendor offering personal messages and engraving on cheap, worthless knives. This isn’t a budget buy friends, you’ll be disappointed by the quality and workmanship to say the least. I don’t recommend using unrated “budget” engravers at all.
Just spend a little more on a quality pocket knife from a trusted brand that’s going to last a lifetime.
Here are my top picks for the hunting knives best suited for engraving and personalizing:
Number One – Buck 327 Nobleman
This is what will always be my idea of a gentleman’s knife and it’s a perfect knife for engraving. It boasts a 440A stainless steel drop point blade; just over 2 1/2 inches long, and comes out of the box with a wicked sharp edge. Reasonably priced and great overall quality, you can’t go wrong with anything Buck.
- The price includes laser engraving
- The satin finish is a classic look to complement the reliable blade
- The sleek design means it’s great for carrying along just about anywhere
- This isn’t the exceptional Buck quality that you really want
Number Two – Wenger Esquire Swiss Army Knife
I’ve always thought of a classic Swiss Army Knife as one of the best received gifts for men, and the Wenger Esquire is no exception to that rule. The brushed stainless steel body looks classy and is perfect for engraving.
- This practical Swiss Army Knife boasts 4 implements in just 5 inches of knife
- Its super lightweight, weighing in at just 1.02 oz.
- It’s a genuine Swiss Made Swiss Army Knife
- The sleek and slick design means handling this knife with wet or oily hands will be an issue
Number Three – Spyderco Dragonfly Pocket Knife
I’ll say it: I’m a big Spyderco fan. The reasons why is simple: you get top quality, superb designs and knives that are oddly affordable for their capabilities. The Dragonfly with its VG-10 steel blade and stainless steel body is great for personalizing and will be well received by any manly man out there.
- It’s made with superb materials
- It’s a small pocket knife with massive cutting potential
- The ergonomic design is seriously impressive and almost makes it feel like you’re handling a big knife
- It’s a little too small for big-handed guys
- One-handed opening is a pain in the ass
Number Four – SOG Twitch II
I’ve talked about SOG before when I mentioned they were some of the best manufacturers that supply engraved knives. The Twitch II carries an AUS-8 Stainless Steel blade that measures in just less than 2 1/2 inches. I like the locking mechanism and the anodized aluminum handle is great for engraving.
- It’s extremely durable
- It has a slim profile
- It performs in line with more expensive knife brands
- The lock back engagement is too stiff
- The flipper’s angle is too steep
Number Five – Buck 110 Hunter
While there are a lot of replicas, this is the original and most popular hunting knife out there. Buck really succeeded in making one of the most classics loved by all outdoorsmen. The 110 Hunter has an awesome blade that’s suitable for EDC and engraving looks pretty impressive on the blade.
- Its solid quality and comes with a razor sharp edge straight out of the box
- It comes with Buck’s Forever Warranty
- The price is still very attractive
- The blade lock release lever is a trick to be mastered in its own right
- The sheath is crap
And that’s it guys. 5 of the best engraved hunting knives (or should I rather say hunting knives for engraving) out there. The choice, as always, is up to you, but I sincerely hope you’ll take my word for it and stick to one of my recommendations.
Moving on, I’m going to show you what the best knives for hunting are before I’ll show you what the best steel for hunting knives is and what your options are. Also make sure that you swing by and check out what I have to say about ceramic hunting knives!
Video for 5 of the Best Engraved Hunting Knives
- Read This Smith And Wesson Knife Sharpener Review If You Are A Smith And Wesson Fan - March 10, 2022
- All About BlizeTec Survival Fixed Blade Knife - March 8, 2022
- The Best Gifts For Hunters – Updated And Crammed Full Of Great Ideas - March 7, 2022
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!